We welcome you to explore our library of references and publications. If you have questions or need additional information on any of FzioMed’s products, please contact us.
- A modern biomaterial for adhesion prevention.
diZerega et al. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater; Apr 1(1):239-50, 2007.
- Evaluation of FzioMed adhesion barrier gel on dural healing in a model of epidural fibrosis in rabbits.
Rodgers KE, et al. Poster. Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), Denver, CO USA, 2003.
- Reduction of epidural fibrosis in lumbar surgery with Oxiplex adhesion barriers of carboxymethylcellulose and polyethylene oxide.
Rodgers KE, et al. Spine J, 3:277-284, 2003.
- Improving flexor tendon gliding by using the combination of carboxymethylcellulose polyethylene oxide on murine model
By: Andreea Mioara Corduneanu-Luca, et al.
- Reduction of Leg Pain by Oxiplex Gel After Lumbar Discectomy in Patients With Predominant Leg Pain and Elevated Levels of Lower Back Pain – A Prospective, Randomized, Blinded, Multicenter Clinical Study.
Wei Lei, MD,* Ronald J. Ehmsen, ScD,w Richard P. Chiacchierini, PhD,zJohn L. Krelle, MBA,w and Gere S. diZerega, MDy
- Clinical assessment of a CMC/PEO gel to inhibit postoperative epidural adhesion formation after lumbar discectomy: a randomized, control study.
Liu et al. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg; 133:295-301, 2013
- Oxiplex reduces leg pain, back pain, and associated symptoms after lumbar discectomy.
Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012 Apr 15;37(8):631-41
- Use of temporary implantable biomaterials to reduce leg pain and back pain in patients with sciatica and lumbar disc herniation.
diZerega et al. Materials; 3:3331-3368, 2010. (Open Access Article)
- Oxiplex reduces the incidence of back pain, leg pain and associated symptoms 6 months following single level lumbar laminectomy for removal of herniated disc.
Wang, Arnold & Oxiplex Study Group. Abstract. North American Spine Society (NASS) 2008.
- Multicenter study evaluating Oxiplex in lumbar surgery.
Kim, Arnold & Oxiplex Study Group. Abstract. Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) 2008.
- Use of Carboxymethylcellulose / Polyethylene Oxide Gel in Microdiscectomy With lnterlaminectomy: A Case Series Comparison With Long-term Follow-up.
Assietti R, Mora A, Brayda-Bruno M. Spine 33(16):1762-1765, 2008.
- Oxiplex reduces the incidence of back pain, leg pain and associated symptoms 6 months following single-level lower lumbar surgery for removal of herniated disc.
Blumenthal S, et al. Poster presentation, Geneva, Switzerland, SpineWeek 2008.
- Oxiplex intraoperative gel: an adjuvant to lumbar disc surgery for the reduction of post-surgical pain.
Blumenthal & Oxiplex Study Group. Abstract. Spine Arthroplasty Society(SAS) 2008.
- Oxiplex gel reduces neurological sequelae following lumbar surgery.
Arnold & Oxiplex Study Group. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Chicago, 2008.
- Safety of carboxymethylcellulose / polyethylene oxide for the prevention of adhesions in lumbar disc herniation – consecutive case series review.
Fransen et al. Annals of Surgical Innovation and Research; 2(2) 2008.
- Use of novel gel-formulated anti-adhesion barrier for prevention of fibrotic adhesions in lumbar micro-discectomy procedures.
Guizzardi R, Morichi R, Vagaggini A, Pandolfo C, Giordano GP. Abstract. Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), October 2006.
- Reduction in leg pain and lower extremity weakness with Oxiplex/SP gel for 1 year after laminectomy, laminotomy and discectomy.
Kim et al. Neurosurg Focus 17(1): Clinical Pearl 1, 2004.
- Reduction of radiculopathy and pain with Oxiplex/SP gel after laminectomy, laminotomy, and discectomy: a pilot clinical study.
Kim et al. Spine 15;28(10):1080-7; discussion 1087-8, May 15 2003
- MRI image of Oxiplex at 10 days post-op.
- The Lumbar Spine Outcomes Questionnaire: its development and psychometric properties.
BenDebba et al. Spine J. 2007 Jan-Feb;7(1):118-32.
- NASS Abstract
- Prevention of Peritendinous Adhesions after Tenolysis by means of a CarboxyMethylcellulose (CMC), Poly-Ethylene Oxide (PEO) Based Gel: A Light and Electron Microscope Study in the Rabbit.
Riccio M. To be published in Hand Surgery
- The use of Dynavisc(R) in Shoulder Surgery to prevent shoulder stiffness.
Magobotha S. Scheduled for the FzioMed Satallite Symposium at FESSH 2015.
- Dynavisc Anti Adhesion Gel in Neurolysis.
Battiston B. Presented at FESSH 2014 Paris.
- Preliminary report on a new adhesion gel barrier (Dynavisc®) in Hand Surgery.
Di Giuseppe P. Presented at FESSH; Antwerp 2012 & Antalya 2013
- Oxiplex/AP Brochure
- Oxiplex/AP 2 Page Brochure
- Oxiplex/AP for Intrauterine Use
- Lundorff et al. Clinical evaluation of a viscoelastic gel for reduction of adhesions following gynaecological surgery by laparoscopy in Europe. Hum Reprod. 2005 Feb;20(2):514-20.Epub 2004 Dec 9
- Young et al. Reduction of postoperative adhesions after laparoscopic gynecological surgery with Oxiplex/AP Gel: a pilot study. Fertil Steril.2005 Nov;84(5):1450-6
- Clinical Evaluation of Endometriosis and Differential response to Surgical Therapy with and without Application of Oxiplex AP Adhesion Barrier Gel
By: Gere S. diZerega, M.D., James Coad, M.D., and Jacques Donnez, M.D.
- Oxiplex/AP Animation
- Oxiplex/AP Application to Ovary
- Oxiplex/AP Application to Pelvic Sidewall
- Di Spiezio Sardo et al. Efficacy of a polyethylene oxide-sodium carboxymethylcellulose gel in prevention of intrauterine adhesions after hysteroscopic surgery. JMIG.2011.Apr;18(4):462-9
- Di Spiezio Sardo et al. Hysteroscopic outpatient metroplasty to expand dysmorphic uteri (HOME-DU technique): a pilot study. Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2014